WELCOME TO THE SITE OF THE INTERNATIONAL PLATFORM FOR PERFORMER TRAINING (IPPT)!
The aim of the IPPT is to develop performer training in international collegial cooperation. The Platform calls together practitioners, artists, pedagogues and researchers involved in performer training within the institutions offering higher education in the fields of performing arts. The platform attempts to
- share knowledge, experience and practice between its participants
- develop their professional skills and understanding
- offer a context for presenting, testing and discussing new models, methods and device of training in both a supportive and a critical tone
- discuss procedures of education in international perspective
- discuss ethical, pedagogical and political issues related to performer training
- develop the modes of communication and cooperation between practitioners and researchers
- increase international cooperation between teachers/researchers and their institutions
- discuss academic policies and its consequences to the artist education
- give collegial support and feed-back
The Platform gathers in annual meetings organized by participating institutions. The inaugural meeting took place in Helsinki on 9–11 January 2014.
THIS SITE IS MEANT TO DISTRIBUTE INFORMATION ON THE PLATFORM AND ITS ACTIVITIES.
Under the HOME menu, you can find basic information about the Platform, its rules and participating institutions.
UPCOMING EVENTS gives you all available info on our next meeting. The sidebar reminds you about the most CURRENT issues.
PAST EVENTS contains documentation of the past activities.
Under RELATED INFO you can find announcements of other events, as well as useful links related to performer training.
The COMMENTS is reserved for the messages of the platform participants. The most recent comments are announced in the sidebar. The comments are checked before publishing.
If you are interested in joining the Platform or want to give feed-back on the pages, please contact the current administrator of the site, Esa Kirkkopelto (firstname.lastname@example.org) by clicking CONTACT.