WELCOME TO THE SITE OF THE INTERNATIONAL PLATFORM FOR PERFORMER TRAINING (IPPT)!
The aim of the IPPT is to develop performer training in international collegial cooperation. The Platform calls together practitioners, artists, pedagogues and researchers involved in performer training within the institutions offering higher education in the fields of performing arts. The platform attempts to
- share knowledge, experience and practice between its participants
- develop their professional skills and understanding
- offer a context for presenting, testing and discussing new models, methods and device of training in both a supportive and a critical tone
- discuss procedures of education in international perspective
- discuss ethical, pedagogical and political issues related to performer training
- develop the modes of communication and cooperation between practitioners and researchers
- increase international cooperation between teachers/researchers and their institutions
- discuss academic policies and its consequences to the artist education
- give collegial support and feed-back
The Platform gathers in annual meetings organized by participating institutions. The inaugural meeting took place in Helsinki on 9–11 January 2014.